Friday, June 3, 2016

Scholarships can change girls lives ~ Guest blog by CEF's Ms Ngoc

This is the second time I had a chance to do home visits in Phuoc Son district- one of the poor remote areas of Quang Nam province.



Most of the families I visited are ethnic minority; therefore, I had many challenges in communicating because of the different languages, but it was a great opportunity to see them, learn something new from them and possibly bring good support to them. It was interesting that most of them were willing to share everything with me including their personal issues. I really appreciated that, and thanks to their honesty and cooperation, I could easily get to know them as well as understand their family situations.


All the children there have fewer opportunities to go to school than the children in flat lands. They also don’t have many chances to assess updated information on education via the internet or media because it is not popular up there. However, I can see some of them are very determined and inquisitive. They know that education is the only way for them to go to have a better future. I really admire them because they know that their parents cannot afford their tertiary education but they set goals of studying at a higher level and they will try to attain their target somehow.




I really hope that CEF can find sponsors for all these children in order that they have a chance to go to university / college / vocational training or at the least finish their high schooling. It is your support that can change the girls’ lives and give them a better future.

If you would like to take on a scholarship they are US$150 a year. c.e.f.vietnam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment