Thursday, August 20, 2020

Sweet letter from CEF student Trinh to her sponsor Felicity ~ Translated by CEF's Thuy Dinh

Firstly, I would like to send you a huge thank you for your sponsorship. Although I have never met you, I am sure you are a good person with a warm heart. Linda and you are my angels who give me and my family hope, help me have a chance to continue my education like other children. You always care and support my family when we need help most.

My sister and I lost our dear father when I was seven years old. My mother became the sole breadwinner to bring us up. She is not only a mother but also a father. Every day, she has to work from dawn to dusk to take care of the whole family but never complains. Now, she is over 60 years old but still works hard to give the best she can for her daughters. She only wishes my sister and I could pursue our education and be successful in the future. Thanks to understanding our situation, we always try our best to study to make our mother happy. I still remember the moment my mom burst into tears and hug me tight when I informed her that I achieved a good performance at school in the last grade.

Next year, I will be in grade 12 and know it is the most important year to make my own decision for my future. I am into chemistry and considering applying to the Da Nang University of Technology but will think and make plans carefully. 

Presently, Da Nang has a new COVID 19 outbreak in Viet Nam so we are doing the city lockdown and social distancing but luckily my mom is still allowed to go to work. Although she can only work a half-day, we are very happy because we can pay for our meals at this difficult time. I love my mother very much!

In closing, my family and I are so grateful for your help. I promise to study well to make you and my mother proud. Once again, thank you very much, and I hope you and your family take care and stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment