Saturday, July 20, 2013
7 alarming education facts that YOU can change!
These facts are shocking, but if everyone who reads them does something, that is then one less girl out of school and one less girl marrying before 18 and .........
If you want to help a girl receive an education please email us or any organization with education sponsorship programs: firstname.lastname@example.org (AU&NZ) / email@example.com (US&Canada)
1. 31 million girls worldwide are out of school.
2. 7 million cases of HIV could be prevented in the next decade if every child receives an education.
3. A child born to a mother who can read is 50 percent more likely to survive past age 5.
4. Each extra year of a mother’s schooling reduces the probability of infant mortality by 5 percent to 10 percent.
5. 215 million kids are involved in child labor, which deprives them of an education.
6. Two-thirds of the world's 880 million illiterate adults are women.
7. Every day, 39,000 girls younger than 18 get married. For them, education is freedom.
www.ChildrensEducationFoundation.org.au (for AU / NZ interested individuals)
www.cef-vietnam-usa.org (for Americans and Canadian's)
(Facts copied from article in Huffington Post, by Global Motherhood, in partnership with Johnson & Johnson)