Friday, May 3, 2013

How Children's Education Foundation started, by Barbara

My dear friend Linda went on a holiday to Vietnam 10 years ago where she was confronted with a lot of poverty and met Trang and after hearing her and her sister's story, she decided to support the 2 girls in order to give them an education and with that a better opportunity in life. Now Trang has finished University and is working and supports her sister. Linda has started her own charity out of that first experience - Childrens Education Foundation - and 6 years ago decided to move to Vietnam so she can run the charity more effectively. I myself sponsor a girl who now too is at University and it gives me great pleasure to hear about her development and her joy of studying. My children too support a girl who is still at school and we realise that changing one life at a time is better than doing nothing just because we cannot change the whole world. It doesn't cost us a lot and means so much for those girls in Vietnam where a female life is not worth a lot... If you want to support Linda as well and take on a sponsor child or even only offer a one of donation for all the other things Linda does please visit her website. I am proud to call her my friend. Thanks Linda for all the good work you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment