Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pam introduces herself and talks about meeting her sponsor children ~ Guest blog by Pam (one of CEF's board members in Australia)

Hello, my name is Pam Moreton-Caldwell and I work in Mental Health Services at Morisset, near Newcastle, NSW. I also live in Morisset with my husband Wayne and my youngest son Drew. My oldest son Kris lives nearby.


I am a member of the Australian Board of Directors of Children’s Education Foundation and I have been involved with CEF for almost 4 years now.  I thought others might like to hear about my experiences as a sponsor of two young girls through CEF and as a member of the Australian CEF Board.

While holidaying in Hoi An in 2012 Wayne, Drew and I were introduced to Linda Burn via a mutual friend. Linda told her story to us about how she founded CEF and about the difficulties young children, girls in particular, had gaining an education in Vietnam, especially those in the hard to reach areas. An education is something we take for granted here in Australia.

We were so taken with Linda's dedication to her work and the plight of some of the young children of Quang Nam Province that we decided to sponsor not just one, but two young girls, one in high school and one in primary school. This was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

As we were already in Hoi An Linda arranged for us to meet with our sponsor girls and their family members during our stay. What an impact that meeting had on us all, especially me!  ‘V’, the youngest was so tiny and sweet when we met her with her dad by her side who was so obviously unwell. And ‘K’, our eldest, who we also met, was with her sister ‘T’, and both of them were so very thin.



This visit made the plight of young girls in Vietnam so very real for us. Meeting these young children and knowing that we would be partly responsible for their future gave a us a sense of purpose somehow, that when we came back home to Australia we stayed in touch with Linda via email and Facebook, and continued to offer our support where possible for ‘V’ and ‘K’ and their families.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete