Friday, April 8, 2016

Translation of a letter of a CEF child to her sponsor ~ Guest blog by CEF's Ms Kim Chi



An interesting and sweet letter by one of our CEF students to her sponsor. Translated by CEF's Ms Kim Chi:

Firstly, I wish you and your family happiness and good health. I am writing this letter to tell you about my Tet.

This Tet, my house was more beautiful than the last Tet. We cleaned the house and garden some days before Tet and my sister scolded me a lot because I was too lazy. My sister and I also repainted all the doors. We looked very dirty but we were very happy when we saw our house looking refreshed.
It was cold at Tet so I didn’t go out much. On the first day of Tet, I just visited my grandparents’ grave and put incense on it for them. My mother bought enough food and things for Tet, so Tet was so blessed.

Unfortunately, I didn’t see any fireworks. I tried to go to bed late so I could see the fireworks on New Year Eve, but I was very sleepy and missed them by 5 minutes. What a pity!

This year, I got a lot of lucky envelopes with money in them and I spent it on my breakfasts so I didn’t need to ask my mother to give me money. This Tet, my mother was well and she also wore nice clothes and went out with my aunt. She looked nicer as she took more care of herself and it made me happy because my mother worked really hard the whole year. It was great that she got to go out at Tet.

My sister is still well, and she is looking for a new job. She used to wake up early when she had a job but she’s got lazy which makes my mother angry.

My uncle is the same as usual, I felt sorry for him as he couldn’t have a nice Tet like others.

It was lucky for me as my birthday was at Tet, so many friends came to celebrate my birthday with me. This is my best birthday ever so I was very delighted. I got a lot of gifts but my favorite one was a gorgeous necklace from my sister. Everyone loved it but I thought I was more beautiful when I had it on. I was very confident about myself, wasn’t I? I was very excited because everyone told me I looked prettier after Tet.

My friends were full of life. We went around the town and played many games in the fair. This was my best Tet yet.

I must stop now. I wish you and your family a great year too. Thank you so much for your help.

*Note: Her uncle is severely mentally ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment