Friday, July 15, 2011

Letters that affirm the importance of educational support programs

The children that CEF helps to receive an education can't afford to go to school or to receive further education or training. Besides supporting them to receive a full education, including college or further training, we care for them and support them to flourish.

Through the process of receiving caring support to accomplish this we see them grow and change; they gain self-respect, self-worth and have more gratitude; but what is most inspiring is that they hold hope for, and work towards a brighter future.

We want to share just a few of the letters we just received recently that express some of this.

****
First of all, I would like to send my best wishes and appreciation to you. Thank you for caring about me and my family’s situation.

Please let me share and express my family’s situation. I was raised in a family where I don’t have my parents beside me. When I was 9 years old, my parents killed themselves and left their 3 children with grandparents. My grandparents at that time although were late 50 year olds, but they didn’t send us to an orphan center and have been raising us until now. They were poor and now getting poorer because of 3 of us.

I am so happy you would like to help me since you knew our situation. Not only that you are now helping me to have free English classes. Really I don’t know what to say except two words “Thank You” and I don’t know how to return my gratitude to you except promising to myself that I must study harder to get good results so that you won’t be disappointed at me.

Thank you for helping me to get education support. You are my strength, my confidence and a hoping tablet that helps me still continue going to school to finish my education. Thank you very much.

Please continue with your good works to help more children who have the same poverty situation like me.

Finally I wish you good health and lots of happiness.
****

First of all I wish you good health.

As you know I live with my grandparents who are 80 years old, my father died of cancer, my mother remarried and lives with her new family up in the mountain; I have no contact with her since she got remarried.

Although I am not, compare to other families, a rich person from a rich family as I don’t have a happy family where the parents are beside the children. But I do have grandparents who cherish me since my parents left me. Besides I still have another couple of hoping arms who always observe and care for my education as well as my life; that is you dear sponsor.

Because of your care I feel you are with me and always encouraging me to do anything in this life from small things to big things. Your help is not just material support but it is also spiritual support and therefore I appreciate very much what you have been doing for me. Thank you very much.

This school year I will be in grade 5; I know I am not mature yet but at least I have made a lot of efforts in this life and in studies. Last school year I was a good student; are you happy for me? I always tell myself to study harder to obtain good results so that I know my sponsor won’t be disappointed at me.

Finally, I would like to say again “thank you” and please take care of you.
****

Today I write you a letter to report my school results. Last school year I was a medium student. I know my school results weren’t good but if you could imagine that if you didn’t help me continue going to school then my school results might be worse and I had to study again for another year of grade 6.

For what I have achieved I know your support has been a huge help to my family. I have my mother beside me and she can look after my little brother so that I can have more time for my studies. Your support is a big spiritual help for me. Thank you so much and I am very grateful for what you have done. Thank you

Please continue helping me and other children who have the same poverty situation like me. I hope all the poor children can receive your help like you did for me in last school year.

Finally, I wish you good health and everything to your liking.
****

As you know my father died when he was still young, my mother is a disable person, my family is one of the poor families in this area. So I thank you very much for your support that you have given me last year. Without your help I don’t think I could continue going to school.

With your help I have made a lot of improvement in my studies and last school year I was a good student with high marks 8.1. I promise I will try to keep this good result for this school year so that you won’t be disappointed in me.

Thank you very much, I wish you good health and lots of happiness and luck in this life.
****

Today I am so happy to write you a letter. First of all, I wish you and your family good health as always.

How are you? How is your work? Are you still helping other children who have the same poverty situation like me?

About my family; we would like to say “thank you” to you as you have been helping my family so much. My family has overcome a lot of difficulties because of having your support and your compassion. Your help has made me feel equal to other friends of mine in the school. I don’t know what to say except saying two words “Thank You”. My father is still working as normal; I was an excellent student for last school year and happy to inform you my school results.

I have been wishing always my family’s situation could be better each day and it is getting better and I am so happy for our life improvements.

I promise to you that I will study harder as always to get the best results no matter how hard it will be; so that you won’t be disappointed at me.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment