Thursday, October 20, 2016

About Viet Nam's Women's Day ~ Guest blog by CEF's Ms Kim Chi



In Vietnam, we celebrate woman’s day twice a year. We observe National Women’s Day on 20th October and again International Women’s Day on 8th of March.  And today we greatly appreciate CEF gave us time to have coffee to celebrate the day.

I am Vietnamese and I am very proud of the Vietnamese Women who sacrificed themselves for Viet Nam revolution as well as those who established gender equality to help Vietnamese women have the right to vote, join in the Vietnamese government and help bring about more respect from males.


Thanks to them, today we enjoy freedom and equal rights. We receive flowers and gifts from our lovers, husbands and male friends on this day as well as encourage and empower each other.

I am also very excited as I can go home early today to do something special for my mom and show my unbounding gratitude to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment